Tuesday, April 16, 2019

"Just Be Held"

We had a rather boisterous and loud worship time on Palm Sunday. It was a joyful interlude of sincere praise and invitation for the King of Kings and Lord of Lords to be present with us. Off and on during the service I noticed a young man holding his infant son to keep the noise and uproar from disturbing the baby's sensitive ears. I am distant enough to forget the effect those decibels have on innocent eardrums but I'm also an example of how it affects them over all the years... (I won't take that rabbit trail now.)

What was most noticeable about the two was the total relaxation of the boy. His dad had one of the baby's ears against his body and the other covered with his hand. As the father sang, bouncing and worshiping, the child was completely at-ease with his body conformed to the shape of the father's body. If you didn't have a frontal view, you wouldn't even know the boy was there.

In that example, I heard the Heavenly Father saying, "That is how I desire to hold you--close to me, hearing my voice and knowing my every move. If I can hold you in my arms and close to my heart in worship, I can hold you the same way when you are fearful. You will know what is going on with me when I'm leading you. When you're that close to me, neither fear nor doubt can come between us. There is no room for sin to separate us."

I know that word was for me; is it for you too? It's evident that I often can't hear His voice or know when He is moving. When I say, "I'm not sure that you are speaking to me," that means there's too much space between us. Not sure God is moving in you or on your behalf? There's too much room between you.

"Lord, my desire is to be so close that you can't speak or move that I'm not aware of it and that it is you. Keep drawing me until I'm conformed to you, to your shape until I can hear your heartbeat and know your voice better than my own."

Ladying for April, 2019: "Hearing the sound of God's heartbeat is stimulating! But, if you are that close, you will also know when His heart breaks..."

1 comment:

  1. Me to Kay. I want to be this close always.

    O Abba, draw us close and help us to forever stay in Your arms and hear Your heart.

    ReplyDelete